The Bikini Model Cookbook Fajita Pita
The Bikini Model Cookbook Fajita Pita.
I used this recipe and cookbook throughout the entire 12 week challenge of getting fit and living a healthy fit lifestyle with balance.
Don’t let the name fool you..this cookbook is full of recipes the entire family will love!!
I would just cook up this recipe and mix it with different options throughout out the week..corn tortillas , mixed greens, brown rice etc. Lots of options. I find it easier to prep for the week with different protein sources..like this one, for example, and create different meals with it throughout the week. (FYI I personally avoid corn and flour products within a couple weeks of prepping for a photo shoot or event… It works for me). I will go with the brown rice or lettuce wrap option.
You need to eat clean to conquer your goals..but eating clean doesn’t mean bland and boring. It is about eating healthy natural food that is tasty, healthy and good for you!
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1lbs sirloin steak, sliced (I used chicken)
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• 1 green pepper, sliced
• 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 jalapeno, chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tsp. chili powder or chili seasoning
• 1⁄2 tsp. cumin, ground
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1 tomato, quartered
• 5 whole-wheat pitas…or corn tortillas….also optional to mix with rice (brown or white), black beans, or for low carb options make lettuce wraps or place on mixed greens and make a fajita salad and top it with salsa (there is a yummy salsa and guacamole recipe in the cookbook too)
1. In a non-stick pan over medium heat add the olive oil and steak or chicken, cook for 2-3minutes…add the red pepper through to jalapeño and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the lime juice, chili powered, cumin, sea salt and pepper…simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato and cilantro before ready to serve.
Makes 5 servings: Serving Size= 1 pita and approx. 3⁄4 cup of fajita stir-fry.
Calories per serving: 386, Protein: 34.7g, Carbohydrates: 41.3, Fat: 10.3g