Are you someone that eats healthy and stays on track all week and then the weekend comes and all bets are off?
During the week we have schedule and tend to stick to it!
Don’t let all your hard work and will power go out the door starting on Friday!
Yes I enjoy a treat meal every weekend, but I don’t allow myself to go crazy!
Here are some tips to help you stay on track for the weekend.
- Make your workout a little longer…usually you have a bit more time. Take a long run in the park or take a spin class etc.
- Eat like it is a weekday..this is a lifestyle.…healthy food keeps your body fueled and energized. Eat your meals and pack some snacks for on the go.
- Stick to your sleep schedule as much as possible..I know I tend to catch up on some sleep on the weekends. Your body needs to sleep to grow and recover.
- Enjoy the great outdoors…get some Vitamin D! Go the the park, take a walk, hike..do something fun!!
- Live life with balance and moderation. I cannot stress this enough. Don’t over do it during the week and under do it on the weekend…don’t over train during the week and restrict your food calories etc. Remember this is a lifestyle..not just for a week or month etc.
- Limit your drinks. Calories in beverages can add up quick. I personally am not a drinker..I would rather eat my calories and just don’t enjoy it anymore…but nothing wrong if you do. IF you do enjoy it..make healthier swaps and limit your drinks. Here is a cool site on fitting alcohol in your healthy lifestyle.
- Get some relaxation in. Schedule some down time..I know easier said than done..especially with kids and busy schedules..but plan a movie date or a yoga class or something you enjoy doing!
- Use the weekend to plan ahead for the next week. Organize your meal plans, workouts etc. It is necessary to be prepared to stay on track and be successful!
Being healthy and fit is a lifestyle..not a monday-friday thing! SO keep it in check this weekend and live life with moderation and balance!!!
Have an amazing weekend!